1. Locate a unique niche. Before you start blogging, find something you are passionate about. Updating your content will be much easier if you enjoy what you write about. The main thing here is to stay up to date about your chosen topic.
2. Develop laser focus. When you've found your niche, make sure your writing time is focused on that particular topic. If you loose your focus, you will start to loose your blog readers. Attract your readers with an eye catching headline and make sure you provide relevant content for your readers.
3. Promote your work. When you've posted a blog, make sure people know about it. You don't want to maintain a blog where no one can find it or no one is interested in it. Promote your new posting with an email alert or broadcast. You can also market your blog by submitting it to blog directories.
4. Inject humour into your blog. As a blogger, it is always a good idea to include humour into your work. This will make your blog entertaining and easy to read. Humour can also helps to bridge the gap between a reader and the writer.
5. A Blog is not enough, build a web site. Some people are not familiar with a blog layout. These people when they land on your site may get confused. Make your main page as a summary of all the sections on your site. Don't just have a blog section, you can include an article section, video section etc.
6. Be ready for change. The internet is always changing and reinventing itself. Do not fear change. When there is change, there is opportunity. Always siege the opportunity before it disappears.
What can you say about this things?