These are tips I found in Ezinearticles which was written by Ryan Cote. This may not give information about blogging as whole but I am sure that you are already familiar of blogging. These are only additional tips. Here it is.
- Incorporate the top keywords that people use to search for your type of products or services into your blog entries;
- Write relevant content that raises additional interest in your affiliate offerings;
- Relate to your readers and address their concerns so they will want to return to your blog for more;
- Comment on other related blogs, post links to your blog in forums and get involved in the blogging community to increase your traffic;
- Make sure to update your blog at least twice weekly and more if possible so the search engines spiders keep crawling;
- Add additional sources of revenue to your blog, such as Google Adsense ads, to make the most of this valuable cyber space and create multiple streams of income; and
- Outsource writing, logos and other elements that may not be in your particular area of expertise so you can realize the full potential of a professional blog.